Monday 10 October 2011

Fantasy Novel Hook for your Book Contest

              It was either a bath, or books. Until I found a bath made of books. Huh?

            Oh dear, sometimes I get so excited. I was browsing novel contests online and stumbled across a particularly good one.  I became so engrossed that I forgot I was drawing a bath in the next room and only a loud rushing, dribbling noise pulled me away from the computer. My bathroom tiles are a smidge soggy now. Flooded, to be precise.  But no matter, this is the exiting contest that caused my bath to do the Niagara Falls impression:


Author Lisa Regan is hosting a “Hook for Your Book” contest, for fantasy novelists. It will be judged by a real live literary agent, Jeanie Pantelakis of the Sullivan Maxx Literary Agency!
The contest is open until October 17th so hurry and enter on Lisa’s blog!  In order to enter you must be a follower of the blog, and provide a link to a tweet or blog post to spread the word about this contest. You must have a completed novel (It’s sad they have to say that, shouldn’t most people figure that one out? I guess not.) Write a 50 word paragraph that is the “hook” for your book in the comments section of Lisa Regan’s contest post. Don’t forget your name, book title and contact info! Here is an example that Lisa Regan has on her blog:

Finding Claire Fletcher

Detective Connor Parks, newly divorced, with his career in jeopardy, spends the night with a woman he meets at a bar. The next morning Claire Fletcher is gone; leaving behind a hint of a decade-old mystery. Abducted when she was 15 years old, no one has heard from her…until now. Will he find Claire Fletcher?

Lisa L. Regan
Email: duchessmalfi@hotmail.com


Ms. Pantelakis will choose three people as finalists. They get to send her a synopsis and the full manuscript, in the end, one will get a full read, hopefully resulting in a contract.  This is an amazing opportunity! If you have a manuscript completed and polished, then go for it! In fact, that’s where I’m headed right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment